Move To Amend Candidate Questionnaire
Move to Amend is a movement created to overturn the 2010 United States Supreme Court decision of Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission (“Citizens United”) by a constitutional amendment. Citizens United resulted in the removal of almost all legal limits on the amounts and sources of money that can be spent on political advertising.
The Results of Citizens United:
1. That a corporation is entitled to the same constitutional protections as an individual citizen.
2. That money is equal to speech.
3. That the Federal, State, and local governments cannot limit “independent expenditures” of money for political advertising.
Instructions: With your answers, please state why you take this position and identify any current public proposals you support. Please also provide any materials on proposals you have developed that concern this issue.
Do you agree with the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission?
NO, I do not agree and I have attempted to participate with the various organizations that are working to correct this decision.
Are you in agreement with the partial dissent offered by Justice Thomas that would further remove all requirements that sources of spending be made public and, instead, allow this funding to be done in complete anonymity?
NOT APPLICABLE, since I don’t agree.
Do you agree that money equals speech?
NO, THE SIGNERS OF THE US CONSTITUTION WERE ATTEMPTING TO SAFEGUARD INDIVIDUAL LIBERTIES AND LIMIT THE ABUSES OF NOBILITY – - THE RULING CLASS. THIS DECISION IS THE OPPOSITE OF OUR FOUNDING FATHER’S INTENT.
Do you agree that corporations are persons with the same constitutional rights as natural persons?
NO, IT IS SIMPLY IRRESPONSIBLE TO GIVE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS TO INANIMATE OBJECTS. The Signers of the declaration & Constitution expressly stated “Inalienable rights to life liberty & the pursuit of happiness. An inanimate object can’t possess any of those.
(Please indicate your favored remedy to mitigate the results of the Citizens United ruling.)
1. I support a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United.
2. I support passage of legislation requiring disclosure of all funding sources for communications that could influence a vote.
3. Other: ______________________________________________________
_______________//_JONATHAN GEORGE// 2 MAY 2012___________________
JONATHAN GEORGE, CANDIDATE FOR US CONGRESS, INDIANA 9TH DISTRICT